Happy Thanksgiving Month! Just wanted to take a brief moment to say THANK YOU to all of you for reading every month! It truly means alot to me and I greatly appreciate you! Over the summer, I played so many video games they couldn’t be contained in just one article – not even two! As promised, here’s the exciting conclusion to my video gaming experience! Side note, I’ve got to calm down, every sentence so far has had an exclamation point.
So this time around I’ll be writing about the Nintendo Switch games I played. The majority of these games were played at the very friendly Game Stop where I played a few PS4 games at, with a bonus game or two played at a Best Buy. Side note 2 – not all Game Stops have playable demos. I was all excited when I was at my local Game Stop to play the Spider-Man demo, but there was no demo to be played 🙁 Oh well, at least I got to see Spidey fight Morgan Freeman.
General note about the Switch – I HATE THE SPLIT APART CONTROLLER! It’s too hard to hold in my hand! And because I traded in my tech skills for magic beans awhile back, I wasn’t able to combine the controllers myself, I only got to use the full controller when I came across a fully assembled one. So -1 Nintendo Switch. I played a ton of Switch games, so I’ll just briefly sum up my experiences:
- Super Mario Odyssey: I couldn’t figure out at all what to do this game. I ran around for 5 minutes jumping and throwing my hat before I called it quits.
- The Legend of Zelda, Breath of the Wild: In all my years playing video games, this somehow was my first time playing a Zelda game! I did better than Mario, but that’s not saying much. I was able to find some places to go and some enemies to fight, and I poorly to sort of decently shot a bow and arrow, so progress!
- Pokemon Tournament DX: I had fun playing this game! I won most to all of my matches I think, was impressed by the graphics and the special moves were awesome to watch.
- MarioKart Deluxe 8: Mario Kart games never disappoint! This was the best game I played on the switch by far. I don’t think I won any races with my boy Waluigi but I had alot of fun trying. Side note 3 – I live in Los Angeles where the traffic is notoriously horrible, but if we could apply MarioKart rules to the freeways I think that would clear everything up.
- Arms: The last game I played, and it was another game I struggled with. It’s a fighting game where all the characters have these fancy robot arms that extend across the screen and supposedly do all these cool things, but I couldn’t get them to work. I don’t even think I was able to do basic punches.
And there you have it, I went from not having played a video game in years to becoming the most prolific gamer of all time over the course of one magical summer! Is there a game out there I should play (besides Spider-Man of course)? If so let me know in the comments. Also, do you have any thoughts on my piece about Batman Vs Pop Culture? Drop me some comments on that one too, I’d love to hear what you thought about my results (after all I did say The Gilmore Girls could take Batman). Tune in next month for a potential new movie review with my Mom – if the weather cooperates!